So you think you know the origins of Saint Nicholas and
Christmas!? The difference between O'Hanlon & Hertha? Nast
& Knickerbocker? Bari & Befana? Try this Trivia Quiz to see how many questions you
Instructions: Read the question, click
on the answers and then on "Display Score" to see how you did.
If you need help or you want to see the correct answer, click on "Show
Answers". Click on "Play Again" to start a new Quiz. Quizzes
are never the same so you can play as many times as you like!
1. From his illustrations for Coca-Cola, which of the following is the only characteristic of the modern Santa Claus Haddon Sundblom is generally credited with?
Although the image of Santa painted by Sundblom was already in place, he certainly cemented that image in everyone's mind.
2. Which country issued the first Christmas stamp?
Canada was first, issuing a special stamp that said 'Xmas 1898'. However, some argue that the honour should go to Hungary, which issued 3 stamps especially for Christmas in 1943. It wasn't until the late 1950's that Christmas stamps became widespread.
3. Who is generally credited with bringing the modern image of Santa Claus back to Europe and elsewhere?
By World War II, Santa's image and traits were standardized across North America. Soldiers brought these concepts with them and they were adopted by local cultures.
4. Which of the following has NOT been one of Santa's helpers through the ages?
Grandfather Frost is Santa's name in Russia.
5. Instead of reindeer, what is Santa rumoured to use to pull his sleigh when he delivers presents in Australia?
Boomers are big male kangaroos (which are more accustomed to the heat in Australia than reindeer are).
~ Click on "Play Again" for new questions or try these other Trivia
Kidlets Trivia (easy) ::
Christmas Shows, Songs &
Stories Trivia (medium)
Your browser does not have scripting enabled.Please use the
to visit other pages at EmailSanta.