So you think you know the origins of Saint Nicholas and
Christmas!? The difference between O'Hanlon & Hertha? Nast
& Knickerbocker? Bari & Befana? Try this Trivia Quiz to see how many questions you
Instructions: Read the question, click
on the answers and then on "Display Score" to see how you did.
If you need help or you want to see the correct answer, click on "Show
Answers". Click on "Play Again" to start a new Quiz. Quizzes
are never the same so you can play as many times as you like!
1. Instead of reindeer, what is Santa rumoured to use to pull his sleigh when he delivers presents in Australia?
Boomers are big male kangaroos (which are more accustomed to the heat in Australia than reindeer are).
2. Which of the following explains why early Americans so eagerly adopted the Saint Nicholas figure from Dutch settlers?
St. Nicholas' Dutch, and thus, anti-British origins, made him a bit of a rebel in New York, which suited the newly independent residents just fine.
3. How did the tradition of Christmas cards get started?
In the 1830's, English schoolboys used to write home on decorative paper to show their parents their improving writing skills. In 1843, Henry Cole had 1,000 cards lithographed to send to friends, but it wasn't until the 1850&39;\'s that the cost of cards and postage was cheap enough to make it a widespread tradition.
4. Saint Nicholas was born in the country we now call…
According to legend, Saint Nicholas was born in the heart of the Roman Empire in Patera, Turkey.
5. From his illustrations for Coca-Cola, which of the following is the only characteristic of the modern Santa Claus Haddon Sundblom is generally credited with?
Although the image of Santa painted by Sundblom was already in place, he certainly cemented that image in everyone's mind.
~ Click on "Play Again" for new questions or try these other Trivia
Kidlets Trivia (easy) ::
Christmas Shows, Songs &
Stories Trivia (medium)
Your browser does not have scripting enabled.Please use the
to visit other pages at EmailSanta.