So you think you know the origins of Saint Nicholas and
Christmas!? The difference between O'Hanlon & Hertha? Nast
& Knickerbocker? Bari & Befana? Try this Trivia Quiz to see how many questions you
Instructions: Read the question, click
on the answers and then on "Display Score" to see how you did.
If you need help or you want to see the correct answer, click on "Show
Answers". Click on "Play Again" to start a new Quiz. Quizzes
are never the same so you can play as many times as you like!
1. In the original "A Visit from St. Nicholas", which of these reindeer is called out by name?
Of course, Donder promptly changed his name to Donner (we think it was because the fame got to him!).
2. Saint Nicholas was born in the country we now call…
According to legend, Saint Nicholas was born in the heart of the Roman Empire in Patera, Turkey.
3. Which of the following did not contribute to the idea of Saint Nick as a gift-giver?
Martin Luther actually outlawed Saint Nicholas!
4. Who is famous for his Harper's magazine illustrations of Santa Claus and also introduced details such as Santa's workshop at the North Pole and the Naughty & Nice List?
Nast standardized much of the perception of Santa and even added a few details, such as the North Pole workshop and Santa's List. His cartoon of Santa supporting Union troops was a major PR blow to the Confederacy.
5. Different countries have different traditions for sending letters to Santa. Which of these is NOT one of those traditions?
For children in the U.K. and Ireland, the smoke from their burned letters carries their wishes to Father Christmas. In Latin America, angels take the letters left beside the crèche (manger). And let's not forget about sending a letter by mail, or its modern replacement, EmailSanta!
~ Click on "Play Again" for new questions or try these other Trivia
Kidlets Trivia (easy) ::
Christmas Shows, Songs &
Stories Trivia (medium)
Your browser does not have scripting enabled.Please use the
to visit other pages at EmailSanta.